2017 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition
The 2017 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system.
The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation. This year, a maximum of three teams will be awarded the Research Grant.
Completed proposals must be submitted online through the BCFN web site by June 28, 2017 11:59 p.m. CET.
The objective of the research proposal is to make more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system, in terms of environmental, social, health and/o economic aspects.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agro-ecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilization, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.
The BCFN wants to support studies that are innovative, have a promise of major impact, and can meet global research needs.