CPEEL Elected as Learning Affiliate of the Energy Institute
The Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law, University of Ibadan has been elected to a Learning Affiliate Membership of the ENERGY INSTITUTE.
The aim of this partnership agreement is to initiate a mutually beneficial working relationship between the Energy Institute, Nigeria and the Centre for Petroleum Energy, Economics and Law of the University of Ibadan as a learning affiliate of the Energy Institute.
THE ENERGY INSTITUTE
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, developing and sharing knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system
The EI supports over 23,000 individuals working in or studying energy and 250 companies worldwide, providing learning and networking opportunities to support professional development, as well as professional recognition and technical and scientific knowledge resources on energy in all its forms and applications.
The EI Nigeria would provide assistance and fastrack a range of professional development opportunities and help CPEEL students to work towards professional membership status of Chartered Engineer (CEng), Chartered Scientist (CSci) ,Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv),Chartered Energy Engineer, Chartered Petroleum Engineer and Chartered Energy Manager
In addition, CPEEL graduate students will also be signed up freely as Energy Institute Graduate
Members with a number of benefits: Student Membership
Please all CPEEL students are encouraged to sign up for their free EI membership. This will really help you to develop both your studies and your future careers. Your benefits as a member will include:
- Monthly e-magazines Energy World and Petroleum Review
- Use of The Energy Matrix – our online vault of energy related knowledge, including books, periodicals, articles, statistics and fact sheets.
- Free networking events with those high up in the industry, helping you to learn about the industry and get your name known
- Education and careers information through EI careers website
- Use of mycareerpath – a great system used for documenting any career progression, which students can present to employers
- Discounts – offer of reduced rates for EI events, including regional and training courses that would help your knowledge and professional development
- Branch events and competitions – EI branches holds events and competitions for local students to attend.
- Benevolent Fund – EI can provide a range of financial and other assistance to those in need
- EI offers careers’ talks to coincide with your induction weeks. These talks take around an hour, with a local EI member coming to talk to the students about their own career, give advice about the industry and guide them on the next steps of their career.
- Student Membership
Please all CPEEL students are encouraged to sign up for their free EI membership. This will really help you to develop both your studies and your future careers.