Call for applications: AuthorAID travel and workshop grants 2017
We are very pleased to announce the first call for AuthorAID travel and workshop grant applications in 2017. We will be awarding the following grants after a competitive selection process:
- 5 AuthorAID travel grants (USD 1500 each) for early-career researchers to present their research at an international conference. The deadline for applying for a travel grant is 29th of January 2017, 10 PM GMT.
- 5 AuthorAID workshop grants (USD 2500 each) for experienced researchers or administrators to organise a workshop on a topic related to research communication. The deadline for applying for a workshop grant is 5th of February 2017, 10PM GMT.
- In order to apply for an AuthorAID grant you have to be a citizen of and living and working in a country on the list of eligible countries. Exceptions are made for refugee academics.
- You should not have received a grant from AuthorAID in the past two years.
- When applying for a travel grant your proposal/abstract should already have been accepted for presentation at an international conference and you should be a first-time presenter.
- When applying for a workshop grant you should be one of the following: an experienced trainer of research communication, a successful researcher who is confident about teaching research communication, an administrator who can arrange one or more trainers for the workshop. You should also have permission from your institution to conduct an AuthorAID workshop.
You should be ready to complete the online application form in a single session, as partial applications cannot be saved. Before you begin an application we suggest you read the PDF copy of the application form and prepare your responses to the questions that require some thought.
Then, when you are ready to apply, please fill out the online application form for the relevant grant:
The PDF copies of the application forms are solely for preparation purposes and only online applications will be accepted. Please note the deadlines given at the beginning of this post. We expect to notify the selected grant recipients by the end of February 2017.
If you have any questions about the AuthorAID grants and the application process, please make sure you’ve carefully read the application form for the grant you’re interested in. Then take a look at the FAQs. If you do not find the answer to your question in the application form or the FAQs, you can post a question in the thread directly below or email [email protected].